Sunday, April 17, 2011

April updates

This has to be record I realize. I have not posted in almost 3 weeks. I guess it has been for a couple of different reasons. One being, I have been busy, but then that gets boring cause everyone is busy. The other being that I have been totally absorbed in school related stuff. Busy defending my profession, busy getting totally disgusted with the school district where I live- too many cuts- too many programs that my son will miss out in next year in Middle school, and way too high taxes..

Here in NY, in my little neck of the woods, I will be paying over $15,000 in property taxes. Most go to school taxes. It is getting harder and harder to live here, and harder and harder not to get more disgusted about the situation.

Where I work, over 90 people will lose their jobs. We took pay cuts last year and freezes so that is probably not an option this year. It is a darn shame what is going on in this state, and I guess all over the country.

Ok so nuff about that..
Paige is amazing. I am sooo happy to be on vacation this week to hang out with her and Coleton. I am truly enjoying them both.





3 comments:

michelle said...

Love Paige's expressions! I totally feel your pain. We've had furloughs to help with the budget deficit. This coming school year, they told us to expect pay cuts, but no furloughs and maybe paying over 50% of our medical insurance.

I think the only thing that keeps me sane is spending time with my daughter!! Enjoy your vacation!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

so sorry my friend!! Please move here!!! Pretty please!!

Love that paigey pic.....she is losing that baby face and starting to look grown up(relative term) tear from my eye:(

Enjoy spring break, what are you all doing??

Lisa said...

Enjoy this well deserved break my friend....

*sigh* We have been hit hard too....no pay raise ( and that's okay honestly given the economy) but losing benefits and pay cuts hurt. But even that was okay if we thought it was saving programs and jobs....but turns out? Its not. :(

I'm so sorry!!! Let's hope things improve and quickly!!!